I was so humbled last week when I found out that I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! Over the past three weeks I have dedicated every ounce of free time to developing my blog and making it just right for you, my amazing readers! Getting this award makes all those nights when I averaged 5 hours of broken up sleep worth it knowing that people are enjoying what they are seeing! I promise to try and continue to dedicate my time to bringing you what you want!
First of all, I want to thank Amanda at Legally Mommy for nominating me. I was so honored that such a great blog thought mine was worthy of this award. I hope that my blog can one day be like hers!
Click here to see her acceptance of the award and to visit her blog!
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is an opportunity for bloggers to connect and recognize one another for their contributions. As part of the nomination, each nominee has to nominate an additional 15 bloggers for the award as well.
Why I started blogging
After graduating from college, Yes I am a Mommy Graduate!, this December with my degree in Marriage and Family Studies I wanted to use what I had learned to help others. I tried to find online jobs that I could do, but yet still stay home with my kids. These jobs simply do not exist. After 6 months of wondering what my direction should be and what I should do I realized that so many people out there feel like they are the only one: the only one struggling to live a mom life after working full-time, the only one going through marriage problems, the only one that is going through a trial that they feel like they can’t handle, the only one feeling like they are failing at raising their kids, and many other things. At that moment I decided that rather than live in the picturesque world of Facebook and Instagram where no one ever has problems we would come live in the real world on our blog and talk about hard things and how we can make them better.
I feel like I have always had a story in my head about life. I am constantly analyzing and over analyzing situations that have happened and what I should have done or could have done. This is the place where I share them. Sometimes on my blog you will see the real raw emotions, yes I cry at times as I write, yes sometimes I literally laugh out loud as I recall the story that I am talking about. I hope you can feel this as you read the stories. I hope that you can relate to what you read and I hope you can find strength in knowing that you aren’t alone.
Today I blog to share, to heal from the past, and move on to the future. I blog to give comfort to those who are suffering, give laughs to those who are listening, and find joy in the journey with those who chose to come along! So come along with me!
Advice I have for new bloggers
- Family first, blog second. I know it is so easy to get carried away and be on your computers trying to get something done, but what are you missing out on as you do this? Don’t let family life pass you by as you post “one more thing”
- Blogging Hours. Set blogging hours. Treat it as a job. I know this is hard because people want you to Tweet, retweet, and post at all hours, but this will cause you to get burnt out and lose the fire you have now.
- Network, network, network. Blogging is a complicated world, but as you network it becomes easier and you will be noticed more!
- Be true to who you are! Don’t try to be something you aren’t.
- Have Fun! and Love what you do!
And with that I’d like to nominate these fantastic bloggers for the Blogger Recognition Award!
Brittney at A Perfectly Imperfect Family Blog
Sarah at Raising Human Beans
Payal at Don’t Give a Fork
Chelsea at The Crazy SAHM
Nikki at Nikki Theorem
Lisa and Heather at Make In A Pinch
Malini at Lakes and Lattes
Talya at Motherhood the Real Deal
Fehin at Girlie Fix
Alexandra at Fit 4 Mom Waco
Tamara at Midnight Mystique
Robyn at Disoriented Mom
Victoria at Via Bella
Emma at Small Footprints, Big Adventure
Michele at Mom Says the F Word
Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how/why you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice you would give to brand new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog letting them know you have nominated them giving the link to the post you have created.