Every week, you, my loyal readers, come and visit my blog, which I am so grateful for! It was time to get to know me, the person behind the blog! So without further ado, here are 25 Things About Me!
- I love Diet Coke… If I could live on only drinking it, I would.
- I have a hidden desire to live a semi-crunchy life… You know the cloth diapers, make my own baby food, make loaves and loaves of bread every week, grow everything in our garden, have a huge orchard with all kinds of fruit trees, oh and to have chickens! What stops me? Swirrling poop in toilets! As for the homestead aspect… Well, if I made my own bread I would weigh about 50 pounds more because I love homemade bread, and as far as eating only what we grow… we live in Texas and the ground here stinks making it a very tedious.
- I love running, but I tend to find any excuse to not run. When I lived in California I had the best running buddies and I just loved to run, but here in Texas I haven’t found the “perfect buddy” yet and it gets cold… Once I am doing it I love it, but I will find any excuse to not do it at all…
- I hate clutter, even during the holidays. Yes, I hate stuff everywhere. Things need a place. When Christmas comes around I don’t mind putting a tree up and a few other decorations, but I am so ready for them all to come down on the 26th!
- My husband and my mom are my best friends who I tell everything to.
- I am a Reality TV Junkie. Yep, every Monday night is Date night with my hubby watching the Bachelor.
- I love to cook and bake, but I hate cleaning it up! (That’s why I love doing it when around my mom, because she loves to clean up, I swear she does!)
- I wish there were more hours in the day.
- it only took me 15 years to graduate from college. I began taking some college classes right after High School, but then I got married when I was 20 and started having kids. Nine years later I got a divorce with nothing to fall back on. This led me to go back to school and Graduated in 2016 with my degree in Marriage and Family Studies.
- I want my kids to put their education first, before they settle down.
- I wish we only have spring and fall… Capris and cardigans with sandals are my go-to favorite outfit that I could wear every day.
- We have 0 pets and if my husband has anything to do with it we never will.
- I am far from a hoarder. I am more like, oh you haven’t used that in a week, we must not need it anymore and will want to get rid of it.
- My husband and i never went on a honeymoon. We got married and escaped from all the kids the night of our wedding, but hit the ground running the next day blending our family.
- I live by to do lists. If it’s not written down it’s not getting done.
- I love grocery pick up. It’s awesome not having to haul the kids into the store to shop for groceries. Taking a toddler and a baby leave no room for groceries!
- I love ice cream. I have been known to sneak into the freezer in the laundry room on many occasions just to snag a bite before bed.
- The first convert I went to was Dr. Dre 2001 concert…You couldn’t pay me enough money now to go see Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, or Eminem…
- Call me Grandma, but I love to sew. My Grandma taught me when I was 8 and I feel like this hobby connects us together every time I sit down.
- I live in my pajamas. If I have no plans to go anywhere that day, you will find me in very comfy clothes. My kids pray I never have to get out at their school when picking them up or dropping them off.
- Ever since I was little when catalogs come I love to circle everything I want. If I am really bored I will even add up how much all of it would cost and dream about being rich enough to buy it all.
- We have a big his, mine, and ours family! We have a total of 3 boys and 2 girls. If we were younger, we probably would think about having more, but we are not young anymore.
- I love Mexican food. Hands down I would eat it every day and never get tired of it!
- My dream would be to have an interior designer come in and decorate my entire house exactly how I want it.
- One day I hope to make a small difference in the lives of couples and their families.
Done! Now you know just a little bit more about me! What are 25 things about you?
Photo credit: Michelle Thurgood Photography