Try this Instant Pot Pina Colada Cheesecake recipe for a unique delicious spin on a classic favorite! The sweet creamy filling pairs perfectly with the tropical flavors in this simple Instant Pot recipe.
Instant Pot Pina Colada Cheesecake Recipe
I am a huge fan of my Instant Pot, especially Instant Pot desserts. For the most part, they are so easy to make and pretty much fail-proof, just set it and forget it!
For months now we have been on an Instant Pot Cheesecake kick and have created so many delicious recipes! If you still have not tried to make an Instant Pot cheesecake check out these Instant Pot Cheesecake tips to help you make the perfect cheesecake! Out of all the cheesecakes the kids of course still love the Instant Pot Funfetti Cheesecake, but let’s be honest they are all so good!
With summer here, we are dreaming about days by the pool which has inspired one of our new favorites this Instant Pot Pina Colada cheesecake.
I guarantee you will love it too!
Instant Pot Pina Colada Cheesecake Recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Chill time: 4 hours
Total time: 5-6 hours
Ingredients for Pina Colada Cheesecake
2 cups graham crackers, crushed
½ cup brown sugar
6 tbsp butter, melted
24 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
5 large eggs
8 oz crushed pineapple
1 cup cream of coconut
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp rum extract
4 tsp coconut extract
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter softened
3 tbsp milk
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
¾ tsp coconut extract
½ tsp rum extract
¾ cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
The Following Tools With Be Helpful When Making These!
How to Make this Instant Pot Pina Colada Cheesecake Recipe
Don’t be intimidated by this recipe! It’s pretty simple preparation and you’ll let your Instant Pot do most of the work for you!
To start, prepare an 8-inch springform pan like this great one by Wilton by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray and cutting a circle of parchment to fit in the bottom of the pan.
In a small bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter until the mixture has the consistency of wet sand. Pour the crumbs into the prepared pan and press down into the bottom and about ½ inch up the sides.
Place the pan with the crust in the freezer to chill while you make your filling.
To make your filling, grab a large bowl and add the softened cream cheese and granulated sugar. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined after each addition.
Next, add the pineapple, cream of coconut, sour cream, rum extract, and coconut extract and mix the filling until combined. Try not to overmix your filling!
Now you can take the chilled crust out of the freezer and pour in your cheesecake filling. Cover the cheesecake with aluminum foil and seal the edges.
To your Instant Pot, add 1 ½ cups of water. Place the cheesecake on the trivet that comes with your Instant Pot and lower both the trivet and the pan into the water.
Seal your pot and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. When it finishes cooking, allow it to sit for 10 minutes before manually releasing the pressure. Remove your cheesecake and place it on a wire rack to cool for 1 hour.
After an hour, place the cheesecake in the fridge for an additional 3 hours to chill.
While your cheesecake is cooling and chilling you can start on your filling. The first thing that you want to do is toast your coconut if you haven’t already.
The easiest way to do this is by spreading the coconut on a baking sheet and baking at 350 degrees until the coconut turns a light brown color.
In a stand mixer or a large bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, milk, coconut extract, and rum extract. Mix at medium speed for a few minutes until the topping is fluffy.
When your cheesecake has finished chilling, remove it from the pan and spread the topping right on top. Sprinkle the top with your toasted coconut and all there’s left to do is slice it and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Instant Pot Pina Colada Cheesecake
- Having trouble finding cream of coconut? Check your baking aisle! This ingredient tends to be a little tricky to find but it’s usually by the condensed milk and similar products in the baking section of your grocery store.
- You can crush your graham crackers any way that you want, but you’ll want to make sure that they are pretty finely crushed. I like to use my blender or food processor but you can also use the classic plastic bag and rolling pin method. If you want to skip all the work, you can usually find pre-crushed graham crackers at the grocery store as well.
- The easiest way to press down your crust into a perfectly compact layer is by using the bottom of a drinking glass. Grab any glass with a flat bottom and use it to press more evenly and firmly on your crust.
How do I know if my cheesecake is cooked through?
The best way to know if your cheesecake is finished cooking is by doing a little wiggle test. Give your pan a little shake and you should see a bit of a jiggle from the cake but it should still look stable.
If your cheesecake gives a big wiggle in the center, you’ll want to return it to the Instant Pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
What’s the best way to store my cheesecake?
You always want to store your cheesecake in the fridge to keep it fresh and deliciously chilled. In the fridge, it will last about 5-7 days if kept covered.
You can always use plastic wrap to cover the cheesecake, but I always find that plastic sticks to the cake and makes it really messy to serve when I get it out. I prefer using a cake carrier to store my cheesecake like this Top Shelf Elements carrier. This one is great because it also has a handle that you can use to transport if you need to!
Share with us in the comments how your Instant Pot Pina Colada Cheesecake turns out! And tag us on Instagram with a picture of your recipe! We would love to see it!
Check out these other great Instant Pot Cheesecake recipes:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Creme Brulee Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Funfetti Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Mint Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pina Colada Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Crust
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs
- ½ c brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- Cheesecake Filling
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 8 oz crushed pineapple
- 1 c cream of coconut (should be found in the baking area)
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 4 tsp coconut extract
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ c butter softened
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1½ c powdered sugar
- ¾ tsp coconut extract
- ½ tsp rum extract
- ¾ c sweetened shredded coconut toasted
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter until the consistency of wet sand.
- Spray an 8 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Cut a circle from parchment paper the size of the bottom of your pan. Fit into pan.
- Scoop crumb mixture into pan and press into bottom and up sides of pan about 1/2 inch.
- Place crust in the freezer while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese with granulated sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition just until combined.
Add pineapple, cream of coconut, sour cream, rum extract and coconut extract and mix until combined.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour filling into crust.
- Add 1½ cups of water into bottom of Instant Pot.
- Cover cheesecake pan with foil and seal edges. Place the pan onto trivet that comes with the Instant Pot and lower into the pot.
- Replace lid on Instant Pot and seal according to the instructions that came with the pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes, then manually release pressure and remove cheesecake.
- Allow to cool in pan, on wire rack for 1 hour, then cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. After chilling, remove from pan before topping.
- Spread shredded coconut on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
- In a mixer on medium speed, combine together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, milk, ¾ tsp. coconut extract and ½ tsp. rum extract until fluffy.
- Spread over top of cooled cheesecake.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut over top.
- Chill for several hours before slicing.