There’s no need to be intimidated by cheesecake anymore with this Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe! This delicious recipe will turn out soft and creamy every time!
Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
If you know me you, know that I love two things: strawberries and cheesecake. So I thought to myself, why not combine two of my favorite things to make this simple Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake! Cooking cheesecake in the Instant pot is almost fail-proof (I promise) if you follow these simple Instant Pot Cheesecake tips! It is so easy you will soon be making all my favorites like Instant Pot Funfetti cheesecake and Instant Pot Creme Brulee Cheesecake among many other cheesecake recipes I love!
Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Chill time: 3-4 hours
Total time: 4-5 hours
Ingredients for Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
2 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp light brown sugar
For the strawberry swirl:
2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp cornstarch
For cheesecake filling:
24 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
¾ cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
4 tbsp cream cheese, softened
4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
2 drops red food color
The Following Tools Will be helpful in Making This!
How to Make this Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
This recipe is simply delicious and sure to be a crowd-pleaser! It has quite a few steps, but I promise it’s not as hard as it looks.
You’ll start by preparing your pan. Cut out a circle of parchment paper that fits the bottom of your springform cheesecake pan. Spray the pan with non-stick spray on the bottom and sides of the pan before adding the parchment paper. Spray on top of the parchment once more for good measure and Set your pan aside.
When your pan is ready, you can begin making your cheesecake crust. In a food processor, combine the crushed vanilla wafers, butter, and brown sugar until it starts to have the consistency of wet sand.
Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and up the sides just about ½ inch. Place the crust in the freezer to set while you are preparing your filling.
Next, you’ll make your strawberry jam for the swirl! Add the strawberries, ¼ cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, and water to a heavy saucepan and set the heat to medium. Bring the mixture to a simmer while stirring occasionally until it thickens and the strawberries become soft.
When the mixture is soft and thick, use a potato masher to mash it until it resembles a strawberry jam. Set it aside to cool while you make your filling.
For the main portion of the cheesecake filling, you’ll want to grab a large bowl. Beat the cream cheese, flour, and sugar with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture is smooth.
To your bowl, add the sour cream and vanilla. Mix again on low until combined. Next, you’ll add you eggs one at a time, making sure to mix thoroughly after each addition.
Remove your crust from the freezer and pour half of your finished filling mixture on top of the crust. Grab your strawberry jam mixture and drop about half of it on top of the filling by the spoonful. Use a butter knife to swirl the strawberry mixture into the filling.
Pour the remaining filling in the pan and drop and swirl the rest of the strawberry jam. Now your cheesecake is ready to cook!
In your instant pot, add 1 cup of water. Place your cheesecake pan on top of the Instant Pot trivet and lower both carefully into the pot. Place the lid on your Instant Pot and seal. Set the Instant Pot on high pressure and cook for 35 minutes.
Allow the Instant Pot to cool to low 15, then manually release the remaining steam. The center of the cheesecake should have a slight jiggle to it when it’s moved, but if the whole cake jiggles you’ll want to cook it for another 5 minutes.
Using a paper towel, blot any water that has gathered on top of the cheesecake and cool for one hour in your refrigerator.
While the cheesecake cools, you can make your icing. Whip the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until your mixture is nice and fluffy. Add the red food coloring one drop at a time until you reach your desired shade.
When the cheesecake is cool, pipe your icing on the edges however you prefer. Return your cheesecake to the fridge to chill for an additional 3-4 hours before slicing and serving.
Tips and tricks for Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- If you are wanting to split this recipe up a bit, you can make your crust the day before. Make it just like the recipe says, but instead of setting it in the freezer you’ll want to put it in the fridge. Grab it out when you are ready to make your cheesecake!
- The best way to get a perfect crust is by using a glass cup! Grab any glass cup that you have in your kitchen and use the bottom of it to press down the crust until it’s perfectly compacted. It’ll give you a smooth finish compared to using your fingers.
- Make sure that you take out your cream cheese and butter a few hours before you make your cheesecake. For a lovely smooth cheesecake, you will want these ingredients to be at room temperature so that you can mix them completely into your cheesecake mixture.
- It’s your choice how much, if any, food coloring that you add to your icing. I think that a couple of drops of red food color makes the icing pair so beautifully with the strawberry swirl, but it’s completely up to you.
How should I store this Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake?
You’ll want to keep your cheesecake in the fridge when you store it, covered in an airtight container.
If it’s kept either wrapped or covered completely, it will last about 6-8 days in your fridge. You can actually freeze this cheesecake as well and it will last up to 6 months! Just make sure that you wrap it very well.
Can I make the crust without a food processor?
Yes! I love my food processor and it can be such a lifesaver to have around, but it’s not a kitchen item that everyone has.
You can mix your crust mixture in a bowl with a fork as well. Just make sure that it still gets to a smooth wet sand consistency and you’ll be all set.
Share with us in the comments how your Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake turns out! And tag us on Instagram with a picture of your recipe! We would love to see it!
Check out these other great Instant Pot Cheesecake recipes:
ant Pot Funfetti Cheesecake
Instant Pot Mint Cheesecake
Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
Instant Pot Pina Colada Cheesecake
- 2 c vanilla wafers crushed fine
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Cheesecake Filling and Strawberry Swirl
- 2 c fresh strawberries diced
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 3 lg eggs
- Decorating Icing
- 4 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 drops red food color
- With fork or food processor, combine crushed vanilla wafers, butter and brown sugar until the consistency of wet sand.
- Cut a circle out of parchment paper to fit bottom of cheesecake pan.
- With non-stick cooking spray, coat sides and bottom of the pan.
- Fit paper liner into bottom of pan and lightly spray top of paper.
- With paper towel, wipe any excess spray from sides of pan.
- Press wafer mixture into bottom of pan and up the sides about 1/2 inch.
- Using the bottom of a drinking glass can help to press the bottom evenly.
- Place crust in the freezer while preparing filling.
- Add strawberries, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch and water to heavy saucepan.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens and strawberries are soft.
- Mash strawberry mixture with hand potato masher. Mixture will resemble strawberry jam.
- Set aside to cool while making cheesecake filling.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, flour and sugar on low speed until smooth.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix on low until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low after each addition.
- Remove crust from freezer. Pour half of cheesecake mixture into crust.
- Drop half of strawberry filling by spoonfuls across cheesecake filling. Swirl with butter knife.
- Pour in remainder of cheesecake filling and repeat strawberry spooning and swirling on top.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot.
Place cheesecake pan on the trivet that comes with the pot and carefully lower it into the pot.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal according to your Instant Pot instructions.
Set on high and cook for 35 minutes. Allow to cool to low 15, then manually release remaining steam. The center of cheesecake will jiggle slightly when it is done. If the whole cake jiggles, return to pot and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Using a paper towel, remove any water that has gathered on top from the steam.
- Cool for one hour and then you can add icing around the top edges if desired. I used a 2D icing tip. There are many YouTube videos that can show you how. It's very simple. I am NOT a cake decorator in any way. This is a good tutorial. https://youtu.be/_ABeWSEUEj0
- Chill in refrigerator for several hours before slicing.
- Whip butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add drops of red food coloring one at a time, until you reach the shade of your choice. I added two drops.
Cheesecake Crust Instructions
Strawberry Swirl Instructions
Cheesecake Filling Instructions
Icing For Decorating Instructions