Searching for the next summer dish to serve your family that is quick and easy? Well, give lemon garlic herb grilled shrimp a try! From start to finish it takes under 30 minutes for those busy nights!
Lemon Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp
~We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
In our home summer is the perfect time for BBQing. The kids love playing outside so rather than spend hours in the kitchen we try to make simple yet delicious meals and this is no exception. This lemon garlic herb grilled chicken is prepped in only 5 minutes, marinates for 10 and is cooked in 8 minutes which means I have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes! Not only that, but lemon garlic herb shrimp is easily doubled or tripled!
So if you have a big family like mine, or friends randomly stop by you will have the perfect recipe to serve them that they think you spent hours preparing!
So no matter if you are just getting home from a long day at the pool with the kids, a beach day, or a long day at work we have a quick and easy dish for you to try, lemon garlic herbed grilled shrimp!
Lemon Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp
Prep Time- 5 minutes
Marinade – 10 minutes
Cook Time- 8 minutes
Ingredients for Lemon Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp
One pound large raw shrimp – peeled and deveined
¼ cup olive oil
1/2 a lemon – juiced
½ tsp salt
⅛ tsp pepper
½ tsp Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Garnishes – extra fresh parsley, lemon wedges
Directions for Lemon Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp:
Prepare the grill for medium (350-450 degrees) direct heat.
Tips for regulating medium heat on your grill.
- To accurately gauge medium-high heat on a charcoal grill, use a grill thermometer or leave the bottom vent fully open and the top vent on the lid open.
- To adjust the temperature of a charcoal grill, use the top vent.
In a small bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic, and parsley. Add shrimp.
Cover and place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes but no more than an hour.
Place shrimp on skewers for grilling.
PRO TIP: If you are using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them for at least 10 minutes then they will not catch on fire.
Once the shrimp are skewered cook the lemon garlic herb shrimp for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side with the BBQ lid closed. You want to make sure you do not overcook the shrimp. If you do they will become rubbery. The shrimp should be white and opaque when it is done.
Once cooked remove from the grill and top with more fresh parsley or lemon if desired.
This lemon garlic herb grilled shrimp is perfect served over rice, noodles or greens! Serve with summer green veggies or a fresh garden salad.
And there you have it! A perfectly simple summer dish the whole family will love!
Looking for More Amazing Recipes You Can Make for Dinner?
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 15 Quick and Easy Meal Ideas for Families
- The Best Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Weekly Meal Plan #1
Share this Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp with others on Pinterest!
- One pound large raw shrimp – peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/2 a lemon – juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Garnishes – extra fresh parsley, lemon wedges
- Prepare the grill for medium (350-450 degrees) direct heat.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic and parsley into a bowl.
- Add shrimp. Cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes up to an hour
- Place shrimp on skewers for grilling
- Cook shrimp approximately 3-4 minutes on each side with the grill cover on, being careful not to overcook. The shrimp should be white and opaque when done cooking.
- Remove from grill and top with additional fresh parsley or lemon if desired.
If you are using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them for at least 10 minutes then they will not catch on fire.
Michele is a Family Life Educator. She is a mom to 5 kids and loves helping others strengthen their families! When she is not blogging she is spending time with her family and running around drinking Diet Coke trying to get everything done!