Looking for the best eggnog pancakes? This perfect eggnog pancake recipe is made with either homemade eggnog or store-bought. You can’t go wrong with these.
Homemade Eggnog Pancakes
It’s Christmas time and we are in the thick of the season preparing to celebrate Christmas in how many days?
Does anyone else wonder where the year went?
We have been so busy this year, but regardless of how busy things get we always make it a point to spend time together as a family even if it means the only time is for Saturday morning breakfast.
Our little kids looooove pancakes…
They are always asking for them, so naturally, we try a lot of different types of pancakes so this year we decided to try eggnog pancakes.
I have to be honest I was a skeptic at first since I am not a huge fan of eggnog, but these were a huge hit with everyone!
This eggnog pancake recipe uses homemade eggnog, but you can totally pick up eggnog at the store if you don’t have time or want to make it!
Easy Eggnog Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Ingredients for Eggnog Pancakes:
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 ¼ cups eggnog
3 tablespoon melted butter
How to make Eggnog Pancakes
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Be sure to not sift the flour. This will cause your pancakes to not be fluffy.
In the middle of your dry ingredients make a well in the center and gently pour in your eggnog, egg, and melted butter. Use an electric mixer on medium to mix until smooth. Be sure to not overmix your pancakes.
Heat your griddle to medium-high heat and add a little bit of butter until melted.
Then scoop about ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
You will want to cook this until it is bubbling. Once bubbling flip the pancake and cook for about 1 more minute or until you don’t see any steam rising out of the eggnog pancakes.
Remove from heat.
Serve with whipped cream and sprinkle the top with nutmeg. Classic maple syrup tastes great too!
Tips and Tricks for the Best Eggnog Pancakes
- Be sure your griddle is hot before you start trying to cook your homemade eggnog pancakes. After hot, cook your pancakes on medium-high heat.
- Use a wide spatula. This helps flip your pancakes.
- For lighter, fluffy pancakes, use cake flour instead.
- Don’t sift your flour with this recipe. It will make you have runny pancakes. If you do want to sift you will need to adjust your liquid ingredients.
- If your pancake batter is too thick for your liking, add more eggnog or plain milk a little at a time.
- If your batter is too runny, add more flour.
- These pancakes taste great with classic maple syrup.
How do you make fluffy eggnog pancakes?
Everyone loves a fluffy pancake, but how do you make a fluffy pancake?
To make a fluffy egg nog pancake you will want to make sure that you:
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- It is best to let the batter sit after mixing for 15-20 minutes.
- Separate the egg whites and beat these separately before adding to your homemade pancakes.
- While cooking your fluffy eggnog pancakes, wait until you see bubbles forming before flipping.
- After you flip your pancake resist the urge to push down on your pancake. This will make it go flat.
- And the final secret to fluffy pancakes, be sure to only flip them once. The more you flip the flatter they get.
What is the best way to cook pancakes?
My favorite way to cook pancakes is on a griddle. You want to heat your griddle to medium-high heat. Be sure that it is hot before starting to cook your homemade eggnog pancakes.
Once hot, brush your non-stick griddle with butter so your eggnog pancakes don’t stick to the griddle.
Take ¼ cup of batter and add to the griddle. Wait for bubbles to form before flipping and be sure to only flip once for fluffy pancakes.
Can I make whole wheat eggnog pancakes with this recipe?
Yes! You can also use this simple eggnog recipe to make whole wheat eggnog pancakes!
To make whole wheat eggnog pancakes, substitute the 2 cups of flour for 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
These will be a heavier pancake, so to make them a lighter whole wheat eggnog pancake you will want to add an additional ½ teaspoon of baking powder.
Can you freeze homemade eggnog pancakes?
Yes! You can absolutely freeze homemade eggnog pancakes! In fact, I do it all the time for a quick and easy breakfast on busy days and to eat after we can’t find eggnog at the store anymore if I am too lazy to make it ourselves at home.
Then place the tray in the freezer for about 1 hour or until your pancakes are frozen.
Label a freezer resealable bag with Eggnog pancakes and the date.
Pancakes in the freezer last about 1-2 months.
How do you reheat frozen pancakes?
There are two methods that are tried and true to reheat frozen pancakes.
The first is the microwave.
Place 1-5 eggnog pancakes on a microwaveable plate and cook them for about 20 seconds per pancake. You don’t need to cover them.
The other way you can reheat your pancakes is in the oven.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
You want to make sure you tightly cover with foil or your pancakes will dry out very quickly.
Share in the comments how this eggnog pancake recipe turned out!
Looking for More Eggnog Recipes?
Go ahead, share the best Eggnog pancakes on Pinterest!