Looking for a great activity to help young kids have confidence in their writing skills? Check out our Journal Prompts for kids to help keep writing fun in your home!
Kids Journals Prompts
Have your kids been asking to keep a journal or have you been looking for ways to keep your kids actively writing daily? Journal Prompts for kids are great for daily journal entries if you are trying to keep your kids writing skills sharp.
Journal prompts for kids can also be used for helping your child keep an actual journal so they can go back years later and read it. When they get older and you pull out their writing journals from years past they can flip through the pages of their journals and will likely have a good laugh as they read what they wrote for their fears, who their best friend was and even what they wrote about if they were President for a day! We have so much fun using journal prompts for kids in our home daily.
How to use Journal Prompts for Kids
~We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
There are several different ways you can use these Journal Prompts. You can take a basket and cut up the prompts and have them choose one prompt a day out of the basket and write about.
You can also pre glue the prompts to single pages of a composition book or even a homemade journal of just computer paper stapled together. Once you have glued the prompts to the pages you can include a line for them to write the date on the page as well. That will help you keep track if you are saving these for years when the journal entry was written!
Buy these cute Kids Journal Prompts to make your own Journal
48 Journal Prompts for Kids
- Write about what your life will be like in the year 2055
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you think dreams come true?
- What is your favorite memory with you mom?
- What is your favorite game?
- Imagine your life as an adult, What would you do all day?
- My saddest day was…
- If I was president I would…
- My Best friend is…
- Would you rather go to the pool or beach?
- What are your top fears?
- What if you could control the weather?
- What is your favorite song?
- What would you name your pet dino?
- Name 2 things you are thankful for
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
- Name two of your favorite days of the week
- What is your favorite holiday?
- If you could build a snowman what would he look like?
- What is your favorite Icecream flavor?
- Why is school important to you?
- Do you like to read books?
- What makes you a great friend?
- What makes someone a Hero?
- Write about how you got your name.
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite candy to eat?
- What is your favorite memory with your dad?
- What is your favorite game?
- What if you could talk to animals..
- If you could have any pet what would it be?
- What is your favorite animal?
- How many states have you visited?
- Do you like riding a bike or a scooter the best?
- Is it better to have older or younger siblings?
- If you could invent something what would it be?
- Write about a time someone helped you
- Have you ever had a birthday party?
- Who is your favorite person in the world?
- What makes your family special?
- What is your favorite sport to play?
- What is the best gift you have received?
- Where would you like to visit this summer?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- The strangest dream I ever had was…
- How does it feel to win?
- The best movie I ever watched was..
- What are you afraid of?
Let us know in the comments if you have any other great journal prompts for kids in the comments below!
Check out our other great Journal Prompts Posts!
Michele is a Family Life Educator with her degree in marriage and family studies. She is a mom to 5 kids and loves helping others strengthen their families! When she is not blogging she is spending time with her family and running around drinking Diet Coke trying to get everything done!