This Oreo Poke cake is one of a kind as it combines chocolate cake mix, Oreo pudding, Oreos, and cool whip for an easy to make cake everyone will love!
Pudding Poke Cake
What is more satisfying than an Oreo dipped in milk? How about an Oreo poke cake with a tall glass of milk on the side? My kids could eat an entire pack of Oreos each if I would let them! (Trust me, they have before!)
Anytime we have Oreos in the house I have to hide them if I hope to get any for myself. Oreos combine some of my favorite things: crunchy, rich chocolate, with a creamy center! I know I can’t possibly be alone in my love for all things Oreo, which is why I am so excited to share this incredible recipe with you!
This jello poke cake version is truly one to die for. The Oreo cake is rich and chocolatey and the pudding adds the creaminess that all desserts deserve. And let’s not forget about the crushed Oreos on top which really pushes this cake over the edge!
The best part about poke cakes is their simplicity. With minimal ingredients and only a little bit of prep, you can be sitting down to enjoy one of these decadent desserts in no time! And let’s not forget about the versatility of these amazing dishes.
You can’t go wrong with a poke cake whether it’s a unicorn poke cake or a lemon poke cake. No matter the flavors and combinations, we are sure you’ll find these cakes to be just right for any dessert-lover!
This is the perfect recipe to get kids in the kitchen creating delicious dishes with you!
Oreo Poke Cake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Cool Time: 1 hour
Chill Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13 inch cake
Servings: 28 slices
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 – 3.9oz packages instant Oreo pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 – 8oz tub whipped topping
- 12 Oreos, crushed
- Chocolate syrup for garnish (optional)
How to Make Oreo Poke Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool (about 1 hour).
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes all over the cake (about 1 inch apart).
- In medium mixing bowl, combine instant pudding mix and milk. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour pudding over cake and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Spread whipped cream over the pudding layer.
- Top with crushed Oreos and chocolate syrup (optional) and serve immediately.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- For an extra fluffy cake, use an electric hand mixer to beat batter on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Don’t rush the cooling process. If you pour the pudding over the cake before it is cooled, the pudding will be runny and the cake will be soggy. If you need to hurry, put the cake in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Be sure to use instant pudding mix for the fastest preparation time. Instant pudding is ready in minutes and does not need to chill in the fridge to thicken.
- For an even richer cake, replace the oil with softened butter and the water with milk! Nobody will believe that you used a boxed cake mix!
- Change it up with the flavors! Try using different flavors of cake mixes and mix up the pudding flavors to fit your preference. Try using vanilla cake mix, vanilla pudding, and golden Oreos for a different spin on this rich dessert.
Be sure to store leftovers (if there are any!) in an airtight container in the fridge. When stored properly, the poke cake should keep for up to 3 days.
Can I create other versions of poke cake?
Yes, you can create all different varieties of poke cakes by swapping up your jello / pudding! Try these fun kinds!
Can I make this dessert ahead of time?
Absolutely! While this dessert is best when enjoyed as soon as it is finished, it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Wait until you are ready to serve the cake to add the crushed Oreos so they keep their crunchy texture!
Love what you see? Leave a comment and don’t forget to rate it below! We always love knowing how your recipe turns out! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @micheletripple to show me your finished product!
Love cake? Try these other delicious recipes!
- ● 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ● 1 cup water
- ● 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- ● 3eggs
- ● 2 3.9 oz packages instant Oreo pudding mix
- ● 2 cups cold milk
- ● 1 8oz whipped topping
- ● 12 Oreos, crushed
- ● Optional: Chocolate Syrup for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13 inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Allow the cake to cool, then using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes over each inch of the cake. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk. Whisk together until smooth.
6. Pour pudding over cake and spread evenly.
7. Refrigerate for one hour.
8. Spread the whipped topping over the pudding layer. 9. Top with crushed oreo’s and serve.