This raw mango salsa combines the freshest ingredients like mango, avocado, red pepper, onion, jalapeno, and lime juice to create the most irresistible fresh mango salsa recipe.
Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe
One of my favorite things about spring is all the fresh mangos I can get my hands on. They are sweet and delicious and taste great. But my favorite thing to do with them is to make raw mango salsa! It pairs super well with just about anything like our fish tacos or our grilled chicken skewers!
I like to throw it together for an afternoon snack with some delicious chips and then pull it out for a quick dinner filler too.
This homemade mango salsa adds the perfect flavor for salads as well. Really, there are endless things I use this salsa for. It’s a family favorite at our house and I can’t wait for it to be one of yours as well!
Raw Mango Salsa
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY. YOU CAN FIND IT HERE.
Makes: 4 cups of salsa
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Fresh Mango Salsa
2 cups diced mango
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
½ cup chopped avocado
¼ cup diced red onion
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime- zested and juiced
¼ teaspoon salt
You’ll also want to have the following tools to make it easier:
How to make the best ever mango salsa
This recipe is so simple you will never need to buy premade mango salsa again!
First, you need to prep all your ingredients. This includes dicing the mango and red onion. Chopping the red bell pepper, avocado, and cilantro, and mincing the jalapeño pepper. You can also zest and juice the lime.
Once everything is prepared you are ready to make your homemade mango salsa!
Grab a bowl and mix your ingredients until they are well combined.
Serve with our Tilapia Fish Taco recipe, your favorite chicken dish, a bowl of chips, or a bed of fresh greens.
Tips and Tricks for Fresh Mango Salsa
- Thanks to the lime juice, this salsa avoids a lot of browning that can happen with mango salsa. However, if you want to store for a longer period of time in the fridge, squeeze a bit of extra lime juice on top before storing it.
- If you like your mango salsa spicier than the recipe calls for, mince another jalapeno and add it in. If you prefer less heat or your kiddos don’t like the kick, take all the seeds out of the jalapeno while mincing.
- Mangos can be a little tricky to cut! They have a long pit in the center that you will need to cut around. Make sure that your mango is not overripe or it will be mushy and hard to cut!
How long does homemade salsa last in the fridge?
The lime juice in this salsa will keep it pretty fresh, but since there is fruit in this recipe you won’t want to keep it longer than 4 or 5 days.
To keep it extra fresh, squeeze a bit of extra lime juice on top of your salsa, place it in an air-tight container, and keep it in the fridge.
How do you cut a mango for salsa?
If you’ve never cut a mango before, here’s a quick method for dicing it for this salsa. It’s pretty simple once you learn how. There is a long pit in the center of the mango that you will want to cut around. Once you have cut around this you should be able to slice and dice the mango easily.
How can you tell if salsa has gone bad?
What you mostly want to check for is discoloration and the texture of the salsa. The salsa should still be bright and not have any brown spots, and the mango shouldn’t be mushy.
As long as it still looks fresh, you should be fine to serve it!
How to serve fresh mango salsa?
This mango salsa is absolutely delicious on this recipe for Tilapia Fish Tacos but it can also be served with
- bed of greens
- Mexican dishes like burritos, tacos, enchiladas
Share with us in the comments how your Salsa turns out! And tag us on Instagram with a picture of your recipe! We would love to see it!
Check Out These Other Great Recipes!
- 2 cups diced mango
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped avocado
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime- zested and juiced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips, over chicken, fish, or over mixed greens.