These Pink Ombre Valentine’s Day Pancakes not only look great, but they taste fantastic as they elevate simple pancakes to a whole new level for the special people in your life this Valentine’s Day!
The Best Valentine’s Pancakes for Your Special Someone
Valentine’s Day is one of our favorite holidays at our house! We usually try to make it special by making our special Valentine’s Day hot chocolate treat and having a special breakfast to start the day off right!
Decorating is always fun with a simple bunting that you can put together and hang up with the kids! I like to make sure pink and red are everywhere to really get into the spirit of love day.
We don’t just make breakfast a priority though. Valentine’s Day is a family affair, so we have a huge decked out Valentine’s family dinner too!
The best part of Valentine’s Day is making these easy Valentine’s Day pancakes in the morning though!
Check out this simple guide on how to make pancakes for your loved ones.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. READ OUR DISCLOSURE POLICY HERE.
Valentine’s Pancakes Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients for Ombre Pancakes
For Chocolate Topper:
Wilton’s Candy Melts (Colors Shown: Red, Bright Pink, Strawberry, and Colorburst Brights)
Melting Decorating squeeze bottles (I recommend having one for each color)
For Ombre Valentine’s Pancakes:
3 cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons baking powder
2 eggs (at room temperature)
2 ½ cups milk (at room temperature)
1 ½ Tablespoons sugar
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
You’ll also want to have the following tools to make it easier:
- Mini Squeeze Bottles
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Small Mixing Bowls
- Pancake Spatula
How to Make Valentine’s Pancakes
Heart-Shaped Chocolate Topper for Pancakes Directions
First, place a handful of candy melts of each color in your squeeze bottle.
Then put it in the microwave for 1-minute increments.
After each minute is up, take the bottle out of the microwave and squeeze the chocolates to mix the chocolate up and keep the heat distribution more even.
Continue one-minute increments until all chocolate has all melted and is until you get the desired consistency.
Put out a sheet of wax paper on a flat surface.
Squeeze the chocolate to the tip of your squeeze bottle and start by making your desired shapes or words with your chocolate.
If you are making shapes or letters using a single line, be sure to go over the chocolate several times to make a sturdy shape.
*Pro Tip: Create a little stick of chocolate at the bottom of the shape or words to secure your chocolate topper into your pancakes.
Finally, allow your chocolates to cool completely before removing them from the wax paper.
*Pro Tip: To speed up the cooling process, you can place your chocolate shapes in the freezer.
Directions for Ombre Valentine’s Pancakes
First, be sure to take out your milk and eggs so they can come to room temperature.
Next, over a large bowl sift together flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients.
In a small bowl, lightly whisk your melted butter, eggs and vanilla together.
Now, add the 2 ½ cups milk and lightly whisk to combine together.
Then pour whisked ingredients in the center of your dry ingredients and slowly combine the flour from inside the center of the well.
Once your batter is combined, separate equally into 3 small bowls, leaving a portion in the large bowl.
Next is the food coloring. You need to add a very small amount of food coloring to one of the small bowls. Remember that a little bit goes a long way!
Then, add a little bit more food coloring to the second bowl, and even more to the last bowl. Stir each bowl to get even coloring in each pancake batter bowl. The large bowl will remain the original color.
Heat your electric skillet or griddle to around 375 degrees F. Once your griddle is heated, turn the temperature down to around 360 degrees. Spray a light coating of cooking spray on your griddle.
Pour ¼ cup pancake batter onto your griddle. When bubbles start to form on top, use a spatula to flip the pancakes. Make sure to check to see that your pancakes are done on the underside.
Once they are done, you are ready to serve your pancakes and enjoy!
How to Assemble Valentine’s Pancakes
Stack your pancakes starting with the darkest pancakes on the bottom, and moving up to the top with the original color pancakes at the top.
Top with whipped cream, strawberries, and/or sprinkles and sugar.
Add your chocolate topper and enjoy! (To stand your chocolate topper upright, secure by pressing lightly down into the whipped cream and/or pancake)
Tips and Tricks for the Best Valentine’s Day Pancakes
- Make sure your griddle is hot before you start trying to put your homemade pancake batter on to cook. Once it’s hot, be sure to lightly spray with a nonstick spray and cook your pancakes on medium-high heat.
- To help with flipping your pancakes, get a wide spatula. It really helps with not letting your pancakes not fall off your flipper while cooking.
- For lighter, fluffy pancakes, use cake flour and fresh baking powder.
- Add a little more milk if you feel like your batter is a little too thick.
- Adding more flour to your batter will help with thickening it up if you feel like your batter is runny.
How do you make the fluffiest Valentine’s Day pancakes?
If you have been trying to figure out how to make the fluffiest Valentine’s Day Ombre Pancakes, you have come to the right place. So, how do you make fluffy pancakes?
- Definitely do not overmix the pancake batter.
- Let your pancake batter rest for at least 15 to 20 minutes before cooking the pancakes.
- Separate your egg whites and egg yolks. Beat them separately and add the yolks first and then fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Wait for bubbles to appear on the top of your pancakes when you are cooking them. Once there are a lot of visible popping bubbles, you can flip them.
- After flipping your pancakes on the griddle, try not to smush the pancake down or hit it with your spatula.
- And last but not least, make sure you are only flipping your pancakes once when cooking them!
Share with us in the comments how your Valentine’s Pancakes turn out! And tag us on Instagram with a picture of your recipe! We would love to see it!
Looking for More Valentine’s Day Recipes?
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 ½ cups milk (at room temperature)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Wilton’s Christmas Red Gel Food Coloring
- Set aside milk and eggs at room temperature. Over a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk melted butter, eggs and vanilla together. Add 2 ½ cups milk and lightly whisk to combine. Pour into the center of your dry ingredients. Slowly combine the flour from inside the center of the well. Once your batter is combined, separate equally into 3 small bowls, leaving a portion in the large bowl.
- Add a very small amount of food coloring to one of the small bowls. ( A little goes a long way). Then, add a little bit more food coloring to the second bowl, and even more to the last bowl. Stir each bowl to get even coloring. The large bowl will remain the original color.
- Heat your electric skillet or griddle to around 375 degrees F. Once your griddle is heated, turn the temperature down to around 360 degrees. Spray a light coating of cooking spray on your griddle.
- Pour ¼ cup pancake batter onto your griddle. When bubbles start to form on top, use a spatula to flip the pancakes. Check to see that your pancakes are done on the underside. Once they are done, you are ready to serve your pancakes and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment and don’t forget to rate it below! We always love knowing how your recipe turns out! And don’t forget to save this easy recipe to your favorite Pinterest board! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram at Confessions of Parenting to show me your finished product!