I can’t resist these carrot cake mix cookies, especially with a bit of cream cheese frosting on top! It’s the perfect Easter treat and these carrot cake cookies from cake mix are so simple to make.
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
Easter is one of my favorite holidays of the year! I love the beautiful meaning Easter has and the feeling of spring is so wonderful.
I really enjoy putting cute little Easter baskets together for my kids too! I know there are lots of pre-made ones you can buy, but I like to cater to my kid’s baskets to their specific personalities.
We also have a fun tradition where we make cute treat bags for friends at school and around the neighborhood. These little printable stickers are adorable and give them the perfect touch!
Along with Easter baskets and treat bags, we also always have a big family Easter dinner where we have all the traditional foods like ham, potatoes, homemade rolls, and deviled eggs. It’s always fun to get the family together and have the classics, but you don’t have to spend tons of time on a fancy dessert!
These carrot cake cookies from cake mix are just as delicious as a carrot cake with a fraction of the work. Trust me, carrot cake mix cookies are kid-friendly and make fewer dishes!
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
Makes: 24 cookies
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Total time: about 15 minutes
Ingredients for Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
1 box carrot cake mix, 15.25-ounce
⅓ cup vegetable oil
For the frosting:
1 package of cream cheese, 8-ounce, softened
½ cup butter softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
How to Make this Carrot Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
~We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Making delicious carrot cake cookies from cake mix is so easy you won’t believe it! In fact, the cookie itself only has 3 ingredients!
For the cookie, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. You could also use a silicone mat like these to save paper!
When your dough is completely mixed, use a medium-size cookie scoop to evenly measure each of your cookies. Place each dough scoop about 2 inches apart on your prepared cookie sheet.
Bake the cookies in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies surface cracks and the edges look golden.
Add the powdered sugar and the vanilla and continue to beat until combined. It should be creamy and delicious when finished!
When the cookies come out of the oven, give them a few minutes to cool on a cooling rack before adding a healthy portion of frosting to the top of each cookie.
Get ready to be bragging to all your friends and family about how simple it was to make these showstoppers!
Tips and Tricks for Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- Carrot cake and nuts go together so well. For this recipe, walnuts would go great. You could chop some walnuts up and sprinkle them right on top of the frosting. You could even toast them for a few minutes to give your cookies an extra level of flavor. Yum! Remember to always be careful serving nuts to someone new if you are unsure about possible allergies!
- If you haven’t gotten a good cookie scoop yet, you are missing out! They save so much work, and they also make sure your cookies are the perfect shape and size. My favorite one is the OXO Good Grips scoop! You’ll thank me later!
- Resist the urge to frost these cookies before they cool. I know they smell so delicious, but you will have a melting mess if you try to frost them while still warm. Give them about 10 minutes to sit on the cooling rack to be the right temperature to frost.
- When storing these cookies, try adding a slice of bread to the container! It’ll help keep these soft cookies super moist even after storing for a few days!
How should I store my Carrot Cake Mix Cookies?
Carrot cake cookies from cake mix are so soft you will want to store them properly to keep the moist texture. You will want to store these cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh. If stored like this, they should keep for about a week and a half.
If you know that you are only going to eat a few of these cookies, hold off frosting any extras. Since there is cream cheese in the frosting, you won’t want to leave it at room temperature for longer than a few days.
If you have them all frosted and still want to keep them fresh, you could put them in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge.
How can I decorate these Carrot Cake Cookies from cake mix for Easter?
Carrot cake cookies made from cake mix would be the perfect Easter treat. Not only are the delicious an on theme, but they also are so simple to whip up on a busy Easter day!
You could add a couple of egg candies right on top of the frosting for a simple decoration, and you could even color some coconut flakes to look like grass!
You could also color a bit of the frosting orange and pipe two long triangles to be carrots on top of the cookies.
Get creative and let us know how you dress these cookies up for the holiday!
Can I add anything to my carrot cake cookies from cake mix?
Absolutely! Nuts are the go-to mix in for carrot cake and carrot desserts of any type, but they are not the only option for these cookies.
You could also add some cinnamon, cloves, or other spices to add an extra kick to the cookies. If you did this, adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to your cream cheese frosting will be a complete game changer!
Try adding raisins, other dried fruits, white chocolate chips, or any other family favorites!
Share with us in the comments how your Carrot Cake Cookies from cake mix turned out! And tag us on Instagram with a picture of your recipe! We would love to see it!
Check out these other great cookie recipes!
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies:
- 1 box carrot cake mix, 15.25-ounce
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- For the Frosting:
- 1 package of cream cheese, 8-ounce, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, oil, and eggs until all ingredients are completely mixed.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop and place each dough school about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies surface cracks and the edges are golden brown.
- In a separate bowl add softened butter and cream cheese. Beat on medium-high until fluffy, about - minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla to cream cheese mixture and beat until combined and creamy.
1. Nuts are a great addition to traditional carrot cake, so you can add chopped walnuts on top for some extra taste. Toasting your nuts gives them extra flavor as well!
2. Grab a cookie scoop to make cookie making a breeze!
3. Don't frost the cookies before they are completely cooled! The frosting will melt and make a mess if you frost while the cookies are warm.
4. Add a slice of bread to stored cookies to keep them soft.
Don’t forget to save this Carrot Cake Mix Cookies Recipe on Pinterest so you can find it next time you are craving a simple delicious treat!
Michele is a Family Life Educator. She is a mom to 5 kids and loves helping others strengthen their families! When she is not blogging she is spending time with her family and running around drinking Diet Coke trying to get everything done!