This Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe is perfect for kids and adults of all ages. These strawberry cookies made with cake mix are the perfect blend of simple and delicious. With only 3-ingredient, you will be craving these strawberry cake mix cookies all day every day!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
Strawberry Cookies Made with Cake Mix
~We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever been in a pinch and needed to make a quick batch of cookies?
I know I have!
These Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are the perfect batch of cookies to make in that situation!
Everyone in my family begs me to make these and I usually can’t say no because we always have the ingredients on hand and they are so quick to whip together.
Strawberry cookies made with cake mix are soft and delicious and so pretty! I would go as far as to say they are the best cookie you could bake for Valentine’s Day.
Wait, isn’t that coming up here in a bit? It always sneaks up on me!
Your special someone will LOVE these! They are the perfect dessert to finish off a fancy delicious dinner.
Strawberry cookies with cake mix are also my favorite cookies to bake with my toddlers because it holds their attention span and doesn’t get too messy. It’s simply pouring cake mix, oil and eggs in the Kitchen Aid bowl.
We have made this cake mix cookies with all different kinds of flavors, so don’t be afraid to try a different flavor if you don’t have strawberry cake mix on hand! You really can’t mess it up.
Check out this super simple Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
Yield: 24 Cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
1 box strawberry cake mix – 15.25-ounce
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 cup confectioners sugar
4-6 Tablespoons of milk
How to Make Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×11 baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and set it aside.
In a large bowl, use an electric or stand mixer at low speed to combine the strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs.
Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to measure the batter and place each cookie dough dollop onto the baking sheet, spaced evenly.
Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the surface of the cookie begins to crack and the edges begin to turn golden brown.
Remove from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. While the cookies are cooling, start to prepare the glaze by whisking together the confectioner’s sugar and milk.
Use a piping bag or spoon to drizzle the cooled cookies with the glaze. Allow the glaze to set before serving.
Tips and Tricks for Making Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Use a nice cookie scoop! I really like the OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop. This will make for perfectly even and precise cookies.
- If you want a nice, thick and defined stripe of glaze on your cookie, use 4 Tablespoons of milk. If you use 6 Tablespoons the glaze will be a lot thinner and it will kind of blend in with the cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool before removing them from the parchment. Because they are made from a cake mix, they are a little softer and delicate when warm.
- Remove the cookies from the oven at 10 minutes max. They shouldn’t need to cook any more than that unless you used a larger scoop.
- Think outside the box! You can add a lot of different mix-ins to this recipe or even change the frosting if you want. You could try buttermilk or chocolate frosting and get delicious results.
What Mix-Ins Would be Good for Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies?
The options are endless with this recipe! You could add white chocolate chips, M&Ms, or dark chocolate chips instead of the glaze. My kids’ favorite topping is sprinkles. I try to keep all different colors and holidays on hand to make it fun!
Or you could even roll each dollop of cookie dough in powdered sugar before baking. The good thing about this strawberry cake mix cookie recipe is that it’s simple and adaptable. Add what you think would be good and top it whatever you want!
Do I really need a cookie scoop?
For years I thought that getting a cookie scoop would be a waste. I spent so much time using a spoon to measure out the dough onto a baking sheet.
I finally was gifted a cookie scoop for my birthday last year and my life has changed! This cookie scoop is my favorite! It’s durable and easy to clean.
A cookie scoop makes the process so much cleaner and faster! Plus my cookies look almost perfect every time! I highly recommend using a cookie scoop.
How do I store my strawberry cake mix cookies?
Put your cookies in an airtight container or a cookie jar. They will keep for about a week to a week in a half.
If you want your cookies to stay soft you can put a moisture-rich substance in the jar/container such as an apple or a slice of bread.
Does it matter what kind of cake mix I use?
If you have a favorite cake mix brand, you are safe to stay with that for this recipe. I like to use the Duncan Hines Signature Moist Cake Mix, but any brand will do.
Share with us in the comments how your Strawberry Cake Mix Cookie Recipe turns out! And tag us on Instagram with a picture of your recipe! We would love to see it!
- 1 box strawberry cake mix - 15.25 ounce
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 4-6 Tablespoons of milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on low speed to combine the strawberry cake, vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to measure batter, and place evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the surface of the cookie begins to crack and the edges begin to turn brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the glaze by whisking together the confectioners sugar and milk.
- Use a piping bag or spoon to drizzle the cooled cookies with the glaze. Allow the glaze to set before serving.
- Use a cookie scoop!
- For the glaze, 4 Tablespoons make a nice thick defined stripe!
- Allow the cookies to cool before removing them from the parchment. Since these are made from a cake mix, they are a little softer and delicate when warm.
- Remove the cookies from the oven at 10 minutes max. They shouldn't need to cook any more than that unless you used a larger scoop.
- You can use white chocolate chips, M&M’s and dark chocolate chips for toppings too.
For more easy dessert recipes, check out these!
Don’t forget to save this Strawberry Cake Mix Cookie Recipe on Pinterest so you can find it next time you are looking for a quick and easy treat your family will love!
Michele is a Family Life Educator. She is a mom to 5 kids and loves helping others strengthen their families! When she is not blogging she is spending time with her family and running around drinking Diet Coke trying to get everything done!