If your kids love word search puzzles, they will be so excited to dig into our Gardening Essentials Word Search! Grab this word search today and get the whole family excited about gardening!
Gardening Essentials Word Search
When the weather starts warming up, I can’t wait to get my family outside working in our garden! Whether we are planting, weeding, or raking leaves, it is so satisfying to look around at the end of the day and see the results of all our hard work. Of course, we always like to reward ourselves with a yummy treat after a hard day’s work, like these homemade ice cream sandwiches!
I usually have to motivate my kids to help me in the garden, and this Gardening Essentials Word Search is the perfect way to get them excited about gardening! Whenever they need a quiet activity or some way to pass the time, they love to pull out some word searches and start solving the puzzles. Some of our favorites are the superhero word search and our springtime word search, and of course, this Gardening Essentials Word Search!
Helpful Tips to Complete Word Searches
- You can start by scanning the letters row by row, left to right, top to bottom, or diagonally, as you look for the words on your list.
- If you get stuck on a word, find the beginning letter of that word, and then look at the surrounding letters to see if you can spell out the word.
- Make a game out of it! Grab a friend, set a timer, and see who can find the most words.
Benefits of Word Searches
Word searches are a great way to help your kids build important skills, and have fun while doing it. Watch their confidence grow as they complete these word search pages! They also give your kids a chance to practice things like:
- Fine motor skills
- Letter and word recognition
- Concentration on a task
Word searches are also a great way to entertain kids when they need a quiet activity. I like to have plenty of word searches on hand for waiting rooms, long car rides, or any time my kids need something quiet to keep them busy.
Garden Essentials Word Search
This Garden Essentials word search can be printed in black and white or in color. With 20 gardening-themed words, this word search will bring your family hours of fun! Words can be found vertically, horizontally, diagonally, and don’t forget backward! If you get stuck, don’t sweat it; we’ve included an answer key to help you. Be sure to grab this Garden Essentials word search today!
Helpful Tools We Love When Downloading Printables
- Printer– I love my HP+ printer that uses Instant Ink. I love it because we can use as much color ink as you want for one low cost starting at $.99/ month for ink. Try it out for free here!
- Cardstock- I always recommend printing on cardstock. This makes it way more durable so you don’t have to worry about printing it time and time again.
- Laminator / Laminating Sheets- Again, for added durability, grab a laminator and laminating sheets so that you can use this again and again!
- Scissors (I seriously love these ones)
- Dry Erase Pens- Use dry erase pens so that you can wipe your laminated printable clean over and over again for endless use!
List of Gardening Essentials Words Included
- Watering can
You Can Never Have Too Many Word Searches! Grab our whole Collection!
- Best Free Word Search
- Superhero Word Search
- Fall Word Search
- Thanksgiving Word Search
- Hanukkah Word Search
- Christmas Word Search
- Grinch Word Search
- Halloween Word Search
- Back To School Word Search
- Summer Word Search
- St. Patrick’s Day Word Search
- Spring Word Search
- Springtime Word Search
- Easter Word Search
- Kindergarten Word Search
- First Garde Word Search
- Second Grade Word Search
- Animal Word Search
- US Presidents Word Search
- Pirate Word Search
- Unicorn Word Search
- Nature Word Search
- Gardening Word Search
- Plants Word Search
- Shark Word Search
- Hockey Word Search
- Hawaii Word Search
- Outer Space Word Search
- Currency Word Search
- Pack Animal Word Search
- Salty Snacks Word Search
- Astronaut Word Search
- Morning Routine Word Search
- Hiking Word Search
- Birthday Celebration Word Search
- 4th of July Word Search
- Bible Word Search Printable
How Do I access my free printables?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder! You will see an email with your free printable.
How Do I Print a PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click File, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I resell these?
You may not resell any printable on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.