Grab your camera and these free First Day of School sign for all your back to school pictures! These free printables start at preschool and go all the way to 12th grade and are editable for free!
First Day of School Sign
First day of school signs have pretty much become a tradition in most homes! For me it has always been scouring the internet the night before or even worse the morning of trying to print a cute first day of school sign that I could print in 5 seconds.
These first day of school signs are made for the 2021-2022 school year. (How are the kids growing up that much?!) Each year we will update these and perhaps change the design a bit, so don’t forget to bookmark this page and also pin it to Pinterest so you can easily find it every year!
To grab your back to school signs, be sure to enter your email and you will get a link sent right to your email in no time at all for you to print.
Editable First Day of School Sign
We didn’t want to just give you a generic back to school sign this year, we wanted to give you an editable version so that you can customize it to your child.
Once you receive the link, you will get an invitation to Canva where you can customize certain parts like your child’s name, their school, their interests, and their favorite color. Please note you won’t be able to edit everything, just the important parts that matter.
You will also receive full instructions on how is the best way to edit these. You might have to make simple adjustments in the size of the font to adjust for your child’s name, school and that.
What can I edit in Canva?
- Favorite Color
- Occupation Image
- Teacher’s Name
How to Customize Your First Day of School Sign in Canva
- First, click on the name you want to edit.The Text box and size will pop up at the top.You will want to highlight and change each letter individually to keep the colors the same. If you happen to delete it here are the color codes.
- Next, click on the School Name and Type your child’s school. Click on color and change to your child’s favorite color, you can edit the color also. Click on their age and change this as well as their teacher’s name.
- To edit the image of the occupation, click elements, and in the search bar, type the occupation, once you find the image you want to use click on it and it will appear on your first day of school sign. You can resize it as needed to fit in the box.
- When you are finished, click download, change the file type to PDF print.
- Go to select pages. Unclick all pages, and then click the page you are going to print and hit done. A download button will appear, and click on it. A downloadable PDF will save to your computer. Print and enjoy!
The color codes will be sent in the email that you will get the canva templates in.
While you are getting ready for the first day of school don’t forget to grab these fun lunch box jokes that your kids will absolutely love!