These truth or dare questions over text are so much fun and easy to play. They keep the conversation interesting and add an extra element of fun. These truth or dare questions over text are sure to keep you invested in your text conversations!
Truth or Dare Questions Over Text
Texting is fun, but sometimes conversations drag and there are only so many times you can ask, “what are you up to?” without getting annoying. Take your texts to the next level by asking some of this awesome truth or dare questions over text.
These truth or dare questions over text help the conversation flow in a way that keeps both texters interested and invested in the game. It’s also a great way to get to know someone better. If you’re playing in person, or if you don’t have a phone yet, check out the truth or dare for kids!
Truth or dare for kids is perfect for any party, sleepover, or playdate. It gets everyone laughing and no one ever wants to stop playing! But, if you can’t hang out with friends at the moment, or you’re looking for a way to play truth or dare without being physically present, these truth or dare questions over text are perfect for you!
How to Play Truth or Dare Over Text
Truth or Dare is a super easy game to play and understand. When playing over text the rules don’t change too much.
Start by choosing how many players will join. You can have a text group chat with multiple people, or you can just play with two people.
Next, someone will ask another player directly, “truth or dare?” Truth means you have to answer whatever question is asked honestly. Dare means you have to do whatever dare is given to you. If someone refuses to answer a “truth” question or to do a dare they can get another question or dare, but they can only do this once!
Because these are truth or dare questions over text, you need to have a way to know that the dare actually has been done. You can have the person record themselves doing a dare, send a screenshot of the dare that has been done (if possible), or have the other person in a phone call with them to ensure that the dare has been done.
The rules are simple and easy to follow when playing truth or dare over text. Now let’s get into the good stuff!
50 Truths for Truth or Dare Questions Over Text
- What is one secret you are hiding from your mom?
- Have you ever stalked someone on Facebook or Instagram?
- What would you buy me if I gave you $50?
- If I went through your room, what is something I would be shocked to find?
- Have you ever prank called a friend?
- How many selfies do you take a week?
- How many boy/girl contacts do you have on your phone?
- Have you ever fallen in front of your crush?
- Do you currently have a crush on anyone?
- Is there anything in your life that you would change?
- Who do you hate and why?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- How many people have you kissed?
- Do you cover your eyes during the scary parts of a movie?
- Have you ever practiced kissing the mirror?
- What was your most embarrassing moment in public?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Do you talk in your sleep?
- Do you drool in your sleep?
- What is your go-to song to sing in the shower?
- Have you ever blamed your fart on someone else?
- Have you ever farted in an elevator?
- What was your favorite childhood video game?
- Would you rather have no heating or A/C or no internet?
- If you suddenly became invisible what would you do?
- Would you rather let your dog eat out of your mouth or eat food out of a trash can?
- Have you ever played a prank on your parents?
- Would you rather be caught picking your nose or picking a wedgie?
- Describe the strangest dream you’ve ever had.
- Do you have any silly nicknames?
More Interesting Truths
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- If you could change places with a celebrity for a day, who would you choose?
- What is your favorite type of ice cream?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Have you ever eaten something off the floor?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Describe what your crush looks like
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
- If you had to kiss a Disney character, who would you choose?
More Good Truths
- Tell me about the last time you got really embarrassed.
- Where are you ticklish?
- What do you think is your best feature?
- On a scale of 1-10, how attractive do you think you are?
- What is the weirdest food combo you’ve ever eaten?
- What is the last thing that made you cry?
- Who is the last person you tried to impress?
- If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
- If you had to be stranded on a deserted island with a celebrity, who would you choose?
- What is your biggest insecurity?
- What is your biggest irrational fear?
50 Dares for Truth or Dare Over Text
- Make up a song and voice record yourself singing it. Send it to me when you’re done
- Video yourself eating a tablespoon of butter and send it to me
- Lick your own armpit. Record yourself
- Prank call someone and try to talk for 15 minutes straight. Take a screenshot of the call
- Eat a spoonful of any condiment of my choosing
- Tell your crush you like them over text. Screenshot the conversation
- Wrap your head with toilet paper like a mummy, take a picture, and make it your profile pic
- Use a picture of me as your phone background for 3 days
- Text a friend and tell them their hair is on backward
- Call someone and confess your new love of Justin Beiber
- Send me the link of the last YouTube video you watched
- Write a short love poem
- Find some lipstick and put it on
- Write my name somewhere on your body (where it can be hidden) with a permanent marker
- Do a sexy dance with just one leg
- Voice record yourself singing your favorite love song and send it to me
- Send me the most unflattering picture of yourself on your phone
- Read me the first email in your inbox
- Video call me or record yourself dancing for 1 minute with no music
- Send me a screenshot of your text inbox without deleting anything
Dares to Make You Laugh
- Tell me all of the contents of your purse/wallet
- Take a video of yourself drinking pickle juice
- Go outside and do the chicken dance where people can see you for 1 minute
- Dip a bar of soap in sauce and lick it
- Go as far down in the splits as you can
- Write a status on Facebook praising me
- Do the macarena for 2 minutes straight
- Close your eyes and write a text without looking. Send it to someone random and screenshot the conversation for proof
- Write a break-up text message and send it to someone random in your contacts. Take a screenshot for proof
More Good Dares
- Wear all your clothing inside-out for an hour
- Take a video of yourself drinking water like a dog
- Fill your mouth full of water and say your full name. Take a video and send it
- Call your crush and flirt with them
- Dial a random number and make meaningless conversation for 2 minutes
- Do 25 situps without stopping
- Take a video of yourself imitating a celebrity
- Crack two eggs on your head then take a selfie
- What’s your deepest secret?
- Call me and say my name in a loud voice
More Interesting Dares to Try
- Send a screenshot of your search history from the past two days
- Record a video of you singing a song with a mouthful of peanut butter
- Call a stranger and tell them a secret
- Call your mom and tell her you can’t find a boyfriend/girlfriend in a panicked voice
- Color one of your front teeth black and take a selfie (eyeliner works for this!)
- Send me the 11th picture in your photo gallery
- In what subject did you get the worst marks and when?
- Send me your favorite TikTok/YouTube video
- Put flour all over your face and take a selfie
- Send me a picture of your first crush