Bible charades is a great game to play as a family to help increase your kids (and yours) knowledge of the bible while having fun playing together as a family.
Teaching your kids about the Bible can sometimes be a challenge, but charades is a great way to connect have fun and teach your kids.
If you are looking for the perfect way to have fun in your home learning about the Bible or even in Sunday School, Bible charades are the perfect way to help them learn.
Learning through games is way better than reading words that may be difficult to understand, that is why we are so excited to add this to our growing list of charades ideas.
We use Bible Charades in our home to help deepen our understanding of the Bible for our children. As we play, we take time to discuss each card and reference it in the Bible to help us all understand and remember bible stories.
How to Play Bible Charades
- Start by dividing up into teams.
- Once you have your teams established, start by one teammate drawing a Bible Charades card from the pile.
- Your own team then tries to guess what you are acting out.
- Without speaking, that player must act out the word or phrase on the Bible Charades Card while his or her teammates try to guess the correct answer within a given time. The more players you have the more fun it is. Of course, you can play with just two players and take turns guessing what each other is acting out too!
Ultimate Charades Bundle!
Do you want to Grab the Ultimate Charades Bundle with over 23 themed charades games? Grab it now before the price increases!
Tips and Tricks for Playing Bible Charades
To make the bible charade cards last longer and to get multiple uses you will want to print on cardstock and even laminate them. Having an at-home laminating machine is so useful for things like this.
Another tip would be to buy a timer. This helps keep track of time so it is always fair! I would suggest setting a time limit of 2-3 minutes. You can keep track of the time by using a game timer or set a digital timer to help keep track of the time that has passed.
Turn Bible Charades Into A Teaching Moment
Bible charades can be played during Bible School, Sunday School, or family scripture study. It is such a fun way to learn new knowledge of the bible.
After each card is drawn and correctly guessed you can pause for a brief moment and teach about the card drawn by referencing it in the scriptures where the charade guessed can be found.. This will help increase everyone’s bible knowledge.
Bible Charades Ideas
- God creates the trees.
- God creates the fish.
- God creates the sun, moon and stars.
- Adam/Eve eat the forbidden fruit.
- Noah builds the ark.
- Noah puts the animals on the ark.
- Building the tower of Babel.
- Abraham sacrifices Isaac.
- Jacob sees a vision of a ladder.
- Joseph has a coat of many colors.
- Joseph is sold into Egypt.
- Pharaoh has a dream of 7 years of plenty and 7 years of famine.
- Moses is put in a basket among the rushes.
- Pharaoh’s daughter finds Moses and raises him as her son.
- Moses sees the burning bush.
- Plague of frogs in Egypt.
- Plague of flies in Egypt.
- Israel passes through the Red Sea on dry ground.
- The Lord sends manna (bread) from heaven.
- The Lord sends quail to the Israelites.
- Moses hits the rock and water comes out.
- Moses holds up his arms and the Israelite army wins.
- Moses receives the Ten Commandments.
- Do not kill.
- Do not covet.
- Do not make any graven images (idols).
- Do not steal.
- Honor your parents.
- Poisonous snakes bite the Israelites.
- Moses tells the people to look at the staff with the snake to be healed.
- Aaron makes a golden calf to worship
- Israelites march around Jericho, then blow their horns and the walls fall down.
- The donkey talks to Balaam.
- Samson has his hair cut and loses his strength.
- Samson pulls down the building walls.
- Ruth stays with her mother-in-law, Naomi.
- Ruth harvests the left-over corn in the fields.
- The Lord calls to the young boy Samuel.
- David slays Goliath.
- King Solomon decides who is the mother of a baby.
- Naaman dips himself in the river Jordan 7 times to be healed.
- Esther invites the king and Hammond to a banquet.
- Daniel chooses not to eat the King’s rich food.
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego refuse to worship the idol and are thrown in the furnace.
- Daniel prays in spite of the law and is caught.
- Daniel is cast into the Lion’s den.
- Jonah is swallowed by a great fish.
- Wise men follow the star to find the child Jesus.
- Joseph flees with Mary and Jesus to Egypt.
- John the Baptist baptizes Jesus.
- Jesus casts out devils and the devils enter a herd of pigs.
- A woman touches Jesus’ clothes and is healed.
- Jesus opens the eyes of the blind man.
- Jesus heals the man who could not walk.
- Parable of the sower.
- Jesus feeds five thousand with five loaves and two fish.
- Jesus walks on the water.
- Parable of the laborers in the vineyard.
- Jesus rides the donkey into Jerusalem.
- Jesus cleanses the temple.
- Jesus curses the fig tree.
- Parable of the ten virgins.
- Parable of the talents.
- Jesus cleanses the leper.
- Parable of the candle under a bushel.
- Jesus counsels the rich, young man.
- Story of the widow’s mite.
- Peter denies knowing Christ three times.
- The tomb is empty.
- The resurrected Christ appears to Mary and others.
- The angel tells Zacharias that he will have a son and he should name him John.
- The angel tells Mary she will have a baby and he will be Jesus Christ.
- Angels appear to the shepherds to tell of baby Jesus’s birth.
- Young Jesus is found teaching at the temple in Jerusalem.
- Joseph and Mary try to find an inn to stay the night.
- Baby Jesus is wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger.
- Shepherds come to the stable to see the baby Jesus.
- The devil tempts Jesus to turn a stone into bread.
- Parable of the good Samaritan.
- Parable of the lost sheep.
- Parable of the prodigal son.
- Parable of the sheep and the goats.
- Parable of the rich man and Lazarus.
- Christ teaches that the first commandment is to love God.
- Christ teaches that the second commandment is to love others.
- Jesus washes the feet of his disciples.
- A crown of thorns is put on Jesus’s head.
- The soldiers cast lots to see who gets Jesus’s clothing.
- Thomas feels the wounds in Jesus’s hands, feet and side.
- Judas agrees to betray Jesus for thirty pieces of silver.
- An angel delivers Peter and John from prison.
- Stephen is stoned to death.
- Jesus appears to Paul on the road to Damascus.
- Paul is shipwrecked.
- True saints give to the poor.
- God loves and rewards a cheerful giver.
- Bear one another’s burdens.
- Put on the whole armor of God.
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Do not speak evil of any man.
What other Bible Charade ideas would you add to the list? Share in the comments!
Love Charades? Try these other great charade games!
- The Best Charades Ideas
- Family Charades
- Charades for Teens
- Baby shower charades
- Bible Charades
- Disney Charades
- Animal Charades
- Fall Charades
- Halloween Charades
- Thanksgiving Charades
- Christmas Charades
- Winter Charades
- Valentine’s Day Charades
- Easter Charades
- Space Charades
- Camping Charades
- Reverse Charades
- Verb Charades
- Adjective Charades
- Famous People Charades
- Picture Charades
- Zoo Charades
- Princess Charades
- 4th of July Charades
- Olympic Charades
- Emotion Charades
- Summer Charades
- Song Charades
- Superhero Charades
- Emoji Charades
- Marriage Charades for Couples
- Christmas Song Charades
- Birthday Charades
- Book of Mormon Charades