Heading to the zoo? You’ll want to bring our Zoo Scavenger Hunt along with you! Your kids will have so much fun searching and racing to be the first to check off everything on their list! Don’t miss out on this exciting new way to enjoy your day at the zoo!
It’s always a special day when we get to go to the zoo! My kids are fascinated by all of the different animals, and they want to see everything there is to offer there.
One fun way to make sure we get to see all of our favorites is with a Zoo Scavenger Hunt!
Your kids will have so much fun keeping their eyes peeled for each item on their list. Sometimes it even turns into a friendly competition to see who can spot everything first!
With this Zoo Scavenger Hunt list, this is sure to be the best day at the zoo ever!
Scavenger hunts are a great way to mix things up and create a whole new experience out of any family outing!
I know your family will love this Zoo Scavenger Hunt, so be sure to grab it today and have it ready for your next trip to the zoo!
Why I Love Scavenger Hunts for Kids
Scavenger hunts are a great way to beat any boredom! Whether you are running errands or on vacation, scavenger hunts can make anything more interesting and exciting! I love to have plenty on hand for any situation.
Scavenger hunts are also wonderful for helping your kids practice important developmental skills, such as problem-solving and teamwork! You’ll love how this fun activity pulls your kids away from those screens and gets them to observe the world around them!
How To Do A Zoo Scavenger Hunt
- First, decide if you will be competing individually, with partners, or in teams.
- Next, make sure you have printed enough Zoo Scavenger Hunt pages for each person or team, and hand them out.
- As you move around the zoo, look for each item on your list.
- When you find something on your list, be sure to check it off! At the end of the zoo visit, the person or team who has found the most things wins!
How To Adjust Scavenger Hunts for Different Ages
Because the zoo is a public place, you’ll want to make sure that your little ones are always with an adult. You can play this game as a group, moving throughout the zoo together, or pair kids with an adult if you divide into teams. Whatever you choose, be sure that your kids always have adult supervision.
Help younger kids as needed with reading and understanding the scavenger hunt rules, but let them do the finding. You’ll be impressed by their ability to find things and problem-solve!
It can sometimes be hard to get teens involved in a game, but a little competition can be very persuasive! Turn your scavenger hunt into a race to see who can complete their list first, or offer a prize for the winner. Make sure you play with your teens, and don’t miss out on this chance to have fun and bond with them!
Zoo Scavenger Hunt Items
- Animal Food
- Zoo Sign
Free Zoo Scavenger Hunt Printable
Grab your free zoo scavenger hunt printable at the bottom of this page by signing up for our email list!!
Helpful Tools We Love When Downloading Printables
- Printer– I love my HP+ printer that uses Instant Ink. I love it because we can use as much color ink as you want for one low cost starting at $.99/ month for ink. Try it out for free here!
- Cardstock- I always recommend printing on cardstock. This makes it way more durable so you don’t have to worry about printing it time and time again.
- Laminator / Laminating Sheets- Again, for added durability, grab a laminator and laminating sheets so that you can use this again and again!
- Scissors (I seriously love these ones)
- Dry Erase Pens- Use dry erase pens so that you can wipe your laminated printable clean over and over again for endless use!
Love this scavenger hunt? We’d love to hear about it! Share your experience on Instagram and tag us, or include the hashtag #confessionsofparenting. We can’t wait to see all the fun you’re having!
Great Scavenger Hunt Ideas to Try
- Best Scavenger Hunt Ideas for kids
- Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt
- Picture Scavenger Hunt
- Beach Scavenger Hunt
- Family Reunion Scavenger Hunt
- Hotel Scavenger Hunt
- Camping Scavenger Hunt
- Romantic Scavenger Hunt
- Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt
- Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Alphabet Scavenger Hunt
- Outside Scavenger Hunt
- 4th of July Scavenger Hunt
How Do I access my free printables?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed, you will be taken to Airtable (a different website) where all our free printables will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print a PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click File, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I resell these?
You may not resell any printable found on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.