Have you been wanting to know how to make your own homemade whipped cream? This recipe is sweet and simple and tastes so much better than the store-bought alternatives!
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Making homemade whipped cream is easier to make than you think! I remember my brother teaching me to make homemade whipped cream at such a young age! Ever since then I have never been able to go back.
With just a few minutes of time, you will have the most amazing whipped cream to top on any treat! I love using this homemade whipped cream especially on our Instant Pot Funfetti cheesecake (along with so many other delicious treats!)
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Makes: About 4 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for Homemade Whipped Cream
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
The Following Tools With Be Helpful When Making These!
How to Make this Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Making your own whipped cream is so easy and delicious. I guarantee that after you make this you will wonder why you’ve waited so long to try!
All you need to do is grab a bowl and an electric hand mixer (my favorite is this one). You can also make this recipe in a stand mixer if you have one.
Measure out 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream and pour into the bowl. Mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until it foams and starts to thicken.
Add in the sugar and the vanilla and mix on medium speed again for about 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and creamy.
And now you’re done! In just a few minutes you have some delicious homemade whipped cream!
Tips and tricks for Homemade Whipped Cream
- You’ll want to use a cold metal bowl when I make your homemade whipped cream. Using a cold bowl will help the cream to whip up bigger and creamier, and metal bowls hold the cold better than plastic! I always pop my bowl in the fridge for a few minutes while I gather the rest of my ingredients to make sure it’s nice and cold.
- Don’t be surprised if you get a few splatters when you turn on your mixer! To avoid this, you can start your mixer at a low speed and slowly move it to medium. You can also poke a hole in a paper plate and put your beater through the plate to create a make-shift cover for your bowl while you mix.
- One thing that I love about making my own homemade whipped cream is that I can adjust it however I like. With this recipe, you can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less sugar, or you can add different flavors by trying different extracts or mix-ins. I love adding mint extract or fresh berries. You can even make peanut butter whipped cream! It’s so good!
- To make sure that your whipped cream is extra smooth, you’ll want to sift your powdered sugar first (this one is great)! Powdered sugar is notorious for clumping and sifting it will help keep it nice and smooth.
How long does homemade whipped cream last?
On the off chance that you don’t finish off the extra whipped cream by licking the bowl, you can absolutely store it in the fridge.
If it’s stored in an airtight container, it should last about 3-5 days if it’s refrigerated. Keep in mind that if you decide to mix in fruit or other perishable items, it may not last quite as long.
Does it matter if I use whipping cream or heavy whipping cream?
Both of these creams will whip up, but to make a nice sturdy whipped cream you should really use some heavy whipping cream.
The difference between the two is the amount of milk fat. While whipping cream only has about 30% milk fat, heavy whipping cream has about 36% which means a fuller, thicker, creamier whipped cream.
Trust me, you’ll notice the difference!
Share with us in the comments how your Homemade Whipped Cream turns out! And tag us on Instagram with a picture of your recipe! We would love to see it!
Check out these other great tasty treats!
- Funfetti Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Creme Brulee
- Creme Brulee
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, measure out 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and pour in the bowl.
- Mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until it foams and starts to thicken.
- Add in sugar and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for about 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and creamy.