This Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is absolutely to die for! Your Instant Pot will help you make the perfect cheesecake every time.
Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
Ready for another awesome Instant Pot cheesecake recipe? This Instant pot mint chocolate chip cheesecake recipe is one of a kind and quickly becoming one of our family’s favorite! By following simple Instant pot cheesecake tips this recipe is almost fail-proof.
Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY. YOU CAN FIND IT HERE.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Chill time: 3-4 hours
Total time: 4-5 hours
Ingredients for Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp light brown sugar
5 tbsp melted butter
24 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
¾ cup sour cream
1 ½ tsp mint extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 ½ cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Green liquid food coloring
4 oz dark chocolate mini chips
4 oz heavy cream
1 tbsp light corn syrup
You’ll also want to have the following tools to make it easier:
How to Make this Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
The first thing you want to do to make this delicious cheesecake is prepare your pan. For cheesecakes, you’re going to want to use a springform pan, and if you don’t have one yet you can try out this one!
Even though many pans claim to be nonstick, you really don’t want your cheesecake to stick to the edges, so you’ll want to give the pan a coat of non-stick cooking spray on the bottom and sides. You’ll also want to cut out a circle of parchment and place it in the bottom of the pan.
Now that your pan is ready you can start working on your crust. Mix together chocolate graham crackers, brown sugar, and melted butter either with a fork, mixer, or food processor. The mixture should end up looking like wet sand.
Scoop your crust mixture into the prepared pan and press evenly into the bottom of the pan and about ½ inch up the sides as well. When your crust is ready, put the pan into the freezer to set while you prepare your filling.
To make your filling, start out with a large bowl. Add to the bowl your softened cream cheese, sugar, and flour and beat at a low speed with an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Next, mix in the sour cream and mint extract and mix again until combined.
Add your eggs one at a time, being sure to mix well after each egg is added. You don’t want to overmix at this point, but everything should be smooth and uniform.
Now that your cheesecake base is ready, you’ll just need to add your coloring and chocolate chips. Add a drop at a time of green coloring and stir until it’s to your desired minty color. Fold in your chocolate chips and your filling will be ready to go!
Next, grab your pan from the freezer and pour the cheesecake filling on top of the crust. To your instant pot, add 1 cup of water.
Place your cheesecake on the Instant Pot trivet and lower both carefully into the pot. Put the lid on the instant pot and seal according to the instructions. Set the pot to high pressure and cook for 35 minutes.
When it’s finished cooking, allow the pot to cool and release the pressure before removing the cheesecake from the Instant Pot.
Give your cheesecake a little shake and make sure that it’s done. It should have a bit of a jiggle in the center, but if the whole cheesecake is jiggling you’ll want to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
If the cheesecake is done, you’ll want to blot the water (from the steam) on top of the cheesecake with a paper towel.
Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, before serving.
To make your ganache, heat the cream in a microwave-safe bowl until it’s just hot to the touch. You don’t want it to be boiling. Add the corn syrup and the chocolate chips and stir.
Heat the mixture in the microwave in 15-second intervals and stir between each until the mixture is smooth, glossy, and completely melted. You don’t want to heat the mixture too much, so make sure to give it a great stir between each heating.
Cool the ganache to room temperature and pour it into a piping bag. If you don’t have a piping bag you can always snip the corner of a large plastic bag as well. When you are getting ready to serve the cheesecake, drizzle the ganache over the top and let chill in the fridge to set.
Slice up your cheesecake and enjoy!
Tips and tricks for Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Using a glass cup can really help with pressing down your crust. Your crust should be even and packed down pretty tight which is hard to do with just your fingers. Grab any glass with a flat bottom and use it to tamp down the crust easily.
- Don’t forget to take your cream cheese, butter, and eggs out long before you make this cheesecake. It’s really important that your cheesecake filling is very smooth and if these ingredients are still cold they won’t come together like you want them to.
How should I store this Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake?
You should store your cheesecake covered with plastic or another container in your fridge. IF it’s kept airtight in the fridge it should be good for about 6-8 days.
If you somehow can resist eating this within the week, you can also freeze it! Cover completely with plastic or a freezer-safe container and it will be good for about 6 months.
Share with us in the comments how your Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake turns out! And tag us on Instagram with a picture of your recipe! We would love to see it!
Check out these other great Instant Pot Cheesecake recipes:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Creme Brulee Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Funfetti Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Mint Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pina Colada Cheesecake
- Crust Ingredients
- 2 c. chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1-1/2 tsp mint extract
- 3 lg eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 c mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Green liquid food coloring
- Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 4 oz dark chocolate mini chips
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- Add chocolate graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter to bowl. Mix together by using a fork, mixer or food processor until the consistency of wet sand.
- Spray bottom and sides of springform cheesecake pan with a non-stick cooking spray. Wipe excess oil with paper towel.
- Cut parchment paper to size of bottom of pan and insert into bottom.
- Scoop graham cracker mixture into pan and press evenly into bottom and up sides about 1/2 inch. The bottom of a drinking glass can help with pressing the bottom.
- Put pan into freezer while preparing the filling.
- In large bowl, using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour at low speed until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in sour cream and mint extract on low speed until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each, just until combined.
- Mix in drops of food coloring, on low speed until it reaches your desired color. I added 6 drops.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Remove pan of crust from freezer and pour mixture into pan.
- Add 1 cup water to bottom of Instant Pot.
- Place cheesecake pan on trivet that comes with the Instant Pot and lower into Instant Pot.
- Place lid on pot and seal according to your pot instructions.
- Set on high pressure and cook for 35 minutes.
- Allow pot to cool and release pressure.
- Remove cheesecake from pot.
- Using the end of a paper towel, wick and water that has gathered around the edges of pan.
- Cover cheesecake and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Heat cream in microwave until just hot to the touch, not boiling.
- Add corn syrup and chips. Stir.
- Heat 15 seconds at a time until chips are melted. Do not heat too much.
Stir until well-combined.
- Cool to room temperature before using.
- Drizzle onto top of cake, using a spoon or piping tip.
- Cool in refrigerator until ganache is set before slicing
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Filling Instructions
Chocolate Ganache Instructions