You haven’t lived until you’ve had this Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake! Your Instant Pot will help you make the BEST cheesecake, and this orange cheesecake with butterscotch topping is so yummy!
Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake Recipe
Instant Pot cheesecakes are so easy to make! It is almost failproof if you follow these Instant Pot cheesecake tips. If you haven’t tried to make a cheesecake try it, this Instant Pot Orange butterscotch cheesecake is delicious! If you have a party coming up, try our Instant Pot Funfetti cheesecake!
Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake Recipe
~We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Chill time: 3-4 hours
Total time: about 4-5 hours
Ingredients for Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake
3 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
7 ½ tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp brown sugar
For cheesecake filling:
24 oz cream cheese, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
3 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp orange extract
4 large eggs
For butterscotch topping:
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
⅓ cup light corn syrup
¼ cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make this Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake Recipe
Let’s get started making this orange cheesecake with butterscotch topping!
First, you will prepare your springform pan by cutting a piece of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of your pan. Now you’re ready to make your crust.
For the crust, you’ll combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, butter, and brown sugar in a small bowl with a fork. Stir until the mixture starts to resemble wet sand. Once it’s ready, press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan and about ½ inch up the sides.
Place the crust in the freezer while you are preparing the cheesecake filling.
To make the filling, you’ll add your cream cheese, sugar, orange zest, and orange extract to a large bowl. With an electric mixer, mix the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy. You’ll want to stop and scrape the bowl a few times to make sure everything is thoroughly combined.
Add the eggs one at a time to your cream cheese mixer, making sure to mix thoroughly after each addition.
Next, grab your crust out of the freezer and carefully pour the filling mixture into the crust.
Just like that and your cheesecake is ready to cook! To your Instant Pot, add 1 cup of water. Place the cheesecake on the trivet that comes with the pot and carefully lower both into the Instant Pot.
Place the lid on the pot and seal your Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. When the timer goes off, let the pot cool to ‘Lo 15’ and then release the rest of the steam manually.
After the steam is gone and you can safely remove the cheesecake, place it on a wire rack to cool.
While your cheesecake cools you can start to work on your butterscotch topping. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
Remove the mixture from the heat and add in the vanilla extract. Place the mixture in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
Now you can top your cheesecake with the finished butterscotch topping by pouring it over the top. You can either keep a thicker layer only on the top of the cheesecake, or you can let the topping drip down the sides creating a thinner layer.
When the topping is done, you’ll want to chill your cheesecake for about 3-4 hours before slicing and serving.
Tips and tricks for Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake
- You are going to want to make sure that your cream cheese is completely room-temperature before making your cheesecake filling. It’s important for the cream cheese to be softened so that it mixes smoothly into the filling without any cream cheese clumps.
- You can crush the vanilla wafers however you like, but a food processor will do the job for you in just a few seconds. This Black and Decker food processor will allow you to add your wafers and pulse a few times for perfect crumbs. However, if you don’t have a food processor you can crush the wafers in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- If you want to use a stand mixer instead of an electric mixer you can, but I would suggest using one of those two. Mixing this mixture by hand is a lot of work and may not get you the perfectly smooth creamy filling that you are looking for.
- When making the butterscotch topping, don’t be tempted to step away from your pan. You should keep stirring the mixture constantly to avoid any burning of the sugar. It’ll cook fast!
- You can serve the cheesecake right away after adding your topping, but it’s best to put it in the fridge to chill for a few hours to get a clean slice and a delicious chilled cheesecake.
How can I store this cheesecake?
This Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake should be stored in the fridge in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap completely. If it’s kept in the fridge it should last about 6-8 days.
Since this cheesecake has a sticky topping, it might be a better option to ditch the plastic wrap and use an airtight container. Something like this airtight cake dome would be perfect. It also has a lid so you can transport this cheesecake easily!
Share with us in the comments how your Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake turns out! And tag us on Instagram with a picture of your recipe! We would love to see it!
Check out these other great Instant Pot Cheesecake recipes:
Instant Pot Mint Cheesecake
Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Crust
- 3 c finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 7-1/2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Cheesecake Filling
- 24 oz. cream cheese softened (3- 8 oz. packages)
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange extract
- 4 lg eggs
- Butterscotch Topping
- 1/2 c light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 c light corn syrup
- 1/4 c butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line bottom of 8-inch springform cheesecake pan with parchment paper, cut to fit.
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and brown sugar with fork until it resembles wet sand.
- Press mixture on bottom and up sides approximately 1/2 inch in cheesecake pan.
- Place crust in freezer while making filling.
- Using electric mixer on medium speed, mix cream cheese, granulated sugar, orange zest and extract until fluffy. Scrap bowl often.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition until combined.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour filling into pan.
- Add one cup of water to the bottom of your InstantPot.
- Place pan on the trivet that comes with your pot and lower into pot.
- Replace lid and seal according to directions on InstantPot.
- Cook on high for 35 min. Let cool to Lo15, then manually release the remaining steam.
- Allow cheesecake to cool on wire rack while making Butterscotch Topping.
Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Pour slightly thickened butterscotch over top of cheesecake, spreading to edges. You can stop it at the edges or allow to drip over edges. The topping will remain thicker if only spread to edges.
- Allow topping to set up before cutting.
Orange Cheesecake Instructions
Don’t forget to save this Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake Recipe on Pinterest so you can find it next time you are searching for foolproof cheesecake recipes!
Michele is a Family Life Educator. She is a mom to 5 kids and loves helping others strengthen their families! When she is not blogging she is spending time with her family and running around drinking Diet Coke trying to get everything done!