Take your dessert to the next level with this luxurious Salted Caramel Pecan Cheesecake recipe. This sweet creamy cheesecake is so easy and fail-proof with the help of your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Salted Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
Making cheesecake in the Instant Pot makes it so easy especially with these easy Instant Pot Cheesecake tips. So if you haven’t made a cheesecake in your Instant pot, try it with this Salted Caramel Pecan Cheesecake today!
Salted Caramel and Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Chill time: 5 hours
Total time: about 6 ½ hours
2 cups graham cracker crust
6 tbsp butter, melted
½ cup light brown sugar
24 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup heavy cream
¾ cup sour cream
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
For salted caramel topping:
½ cup brown sugar, light or dark
7 tbsp salted butter
2 tbsp corn syrup, light or dark
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
¾ cup pecans, halved or roughly chopped
The Following Tools With Be Helpful When Making These!
How to Make this Salted Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
I’m a huge cheesecake fan but some recipes can be hard to follow and easy to mess up! This amazing recipe is so simple and you’ll get a perfect cheesecake every time.
The first step to making this cheesecake is making the crust. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar until the mixture has the consistency of wet sand. You can purchase your graham cracker crumbs pre-crushed or you can give them a whirl in a food processor.
Grab your springform pan and spray it with non-stick cooking spray, as well as adding a circle of parchment paper to the bottom of the pan. Pour the crust mixture into the prepared pan and press down firmly into the bottom and about ½ inch up the sides.
Place the pan with the crust into the freezer to chill while you make your filling.
To make the cheesecake filling, add the softened cream cheese and sugar to a medium-sized bowl and mix on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Add in the heavy cream, vanilla, sour cream, and flour and mix again until the mixture is completely blended and smooth. Add the room temperature eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined between each addition. Be careful not to overmix!
Pour the filling mixture into the plan with the chilled crust and tap the pan on the counter a few times to get rid of any bubbles. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and seal the edges.
Now it’s time to get your Instant Pot. Add 1 ½ cup of water to the bottom of your pot and place the cheesecake on the provided trivet. Lower the trivet and the cheesecake into the Instant Pot.
Place the lid on the pot and seal according to the Instant Pot directions. Cook the cheesecake on high pressure for 40 minutes. Let it sit in the pot and cool for 10 minutes before manually releasing the pressure.
Remove the cheesecake and place it on a wire rack to cool. Once cool, cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours.
When the cheesecake is about ready to take out of the fridge, it’s time to make the salted caramel topping. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar until the butter is melted and completely combined with the sugar.
Add the sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla and gently bring the mixture to a boil. Using a candy thermometer to measure the temperature, continue to boil the mixture until it reaches 225 degrees.
As soon as it reaches the right temperature, remove the mixture from the heat and let cool for 7-8 minutes. Remove your cheesecake from the fridge and drizzle the topping over the top. Add your chopped pecans and return the cheesecake to the fridge to chill for another hour.
And there it is! The most delicious salted caramel pecan cheesecake you’ll ever eat.
Tips and tricks for Salted Caramel and Pecan Cheesecake
- You can’t make a great cheesecake without a great springform pan. This awesome set of springform pans by Hiware comes with 3 different sizes and will be perfect for this recipe and many others.
- Do not forget to pull out your cream cheese and eggs a couple of hours before you start your recipe so that they can come to room temperature. Adding cold cream cheese or eggs will make your filling lumpy and not allow it to thoroughly mix so that step is very important.
- You can use light or dark corn syrup for this recipe, but be aware that dark corn syrup will lead to a darker topping. It will still be delicious but may not look quite as appealing.
- The best way to press your crust into the springform pan is by using the bottom of a drinking glass! The glass will help you pack your crust down evenly and firmly. Any glass you have around will do as long as it has a flat bottom.
How can I make the topping without a candy thermometer?
If you don’t have a candy thermometer, there are other ways for you to easily tell if your caramel is to the right stage.
When boiling your sugar mixture, keep about ½ cup of cold water by the saucepan. When you think the mixture is ready, drop a spoonful of the caramel into the water. For this recipe, you are looking for it to get to the ‘soft ball’ stage.
When you drop the mixture into the water and it forms into a soft ball, it’s all ready!
Love what you see? Leave a comment and don’t forget to rate it below! We always love knowing how your recipe turns out! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @micheletripple to show me your finished product!
Check out these other great Instant Pot Cheesecake recipes:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Creme Brulee Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Funfetti Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Orange Butterscotch Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Mint Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pina Colada Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Crust
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- ½ c light brown sugar
- Cheesecake Filling
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 c Granulated Sugar
- ½ c heavy cream
- ¾ c sour cream
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 lg eggs room temperature
- Salted Caramel Topping
- ½ c brown sugar light or dark
- 7 tbsp butter (salted)
- 2 tbsp corn syrup light or dark but dark will produce a darker color in topping
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ c halved or chopped pecans
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar until it resembles wet sand.
- Spray 8x3 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Cut a circle from parchment paper the size of the bottom of your pan and place in the bottom of pan.
- Scoop graham cracker mixture into pan and press into bottom and up sides about ½ inch.
- Chill crust while you are preparing filling.
- In large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in heavy cream, vanilla, sour cream and flour. Mix until blended.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, just until combined.
- Pour into crust and seal top of pan with aluminum foil.
- Add 1½ c. of water to bottom of your Instant Pot
- Place cheesecake pan on trivet that comes with your pot and lower into pot.
- Replace lid on Instant Pot and seal according to your pot instructions.
Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. When time is up, allow cheesecake to remain in pot for 10 minutes, then manually release pressure and remove cheesecake.
- Cool cheesecake on wire rack then cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, heat brown sugar and butter until butter is melted and thoroughly combined with sugar
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, salt and vanilla, bringing to a boil.
- Continue to boil, continuously stirring until a candy thermometer reaches 225 degrees. If you don't have a candy thermometer, you can drop small spoonfuls into a ½ cup of cold water. It is ready when the mixture forms a soft ball. Do not overcook as this will make the caramel become brittle.
- Allow to cool for about 7 minutes, then drizzle on top and over the sides of the cheesecake. Top with pecans.
- Chill for at least an hour before cutting.
Salted Caramel Topping