Bring your family closer together this Christmas with this fun-filled Christmas scavenger hunt! Kids old and young will enjoy this activity!
Christmas Scavenger Hunt
The most wonderful time of the year is about to get even more wonderful with this fun-filled family activity! Make this Christmas scavenger hunt your new Christmas Eve tradition. What a fun way to get the whole family involved in an activity, that they will all enjoy!
Pro tip: Make the reward something very enticing (think open 1 Christmas gift early, or win a basket of goodies), and make the game even more exciting.
Here are the steps to planning the perfect Christmas scavenger hunt:
- Before you begin the Christmas scavenger hunt, make sure you set some ground rules. Are people allowed to drive to locations? Or, should people stay within walking distance?
- Create groups of 2-4 people per group. Make sure to pair younger children with at least one older child or adult to ensure that everyone will be safe and accounted for.
- Each group must have access to a camera on their phone, or be given a digital camera. Pictures are the proof for this scavenger hunt.
- Set a time-limit. For example, everyone must meet back at a designated location in 30-minutes or an hour.
- The Christmas scavenger hunt does not have to be completed in any particular order, just check them off as you go.
- The group who earns the highest amount of points in the allotted time-limit wins! (If your children do not do well with winning or losing, do not choose a winner)
- Share pictures with each other.
Keep the most memorable pictures, and as the years go by, enjoy reminiscing about the good old days!
Do you plan on doing a Christmas scavenger hunt with your family this year?
Christmas Scavenger Hunt: (everything is worth 25 pts, except labeled otherwise)
- Red lights
- Green lights
- Candy cane
- Hot chocolate
- Wrapped gifts
- North Pole sign
- Christmas Tree
- Something frozen
- Big, red bow
- The Grinch
- Advent calendar
- Santa hat
- Christmas pajamas
- A Nativity
- Lump of coal
- Gingerbread house
- Give the gift of a smile to 3 neighbors (75 pts)
- Go caroling to 2 neighbors (100 pts)
- Have a snowball fight (50 pts)
- Share a gift (can be homemade) with 2 neighbors (150 pts)
Michele is a Family Life Educator. She is a mom to 5 kids and loves helping others strengthen their families! When she is not blogging she is spending time with her family and running around drinking Diet Coke trying to get everything done!